Roberts Tate, LLC is pleased to have successfully argued that corporations, limited liability companies, and other business entities cannot prosecute claims of intentional infliction of emotional distress in Georgia. Recognizing that business entities do not have emotions, the Court of Appeals has agreed with our firm in holding that business entities are unable to suffer emotional distress. We are proud of the victory this ruling represents for our client and for the precedential value that this ruling will have throughout Georgia.
St. Simons Island, GA 31522
912.638.5200Client Focused. Result Driven.
We are pleased that the Court has recognized and enforced RLF Carriage Gate’s clear legal rights. Our firm has long taken the position that properties required to use the public water and sewer system cannot be denied sewer taps or access to the system. We are hopeful that this ruling helps clarify the rights of property owners in Glynn County and duties of the Joint Water & Sewer Commission. See the article in today's Brunswick News:http://thebrunswicknews.com/news/local_news/judge-orders-jwsc-to-sell-sewer-taps-to-developer/article_758aeb13-ab14-5a3c-be60-3715d73d65b9.html
More Articles ...
- Roberts Tate Assists in Keeping Coal Ash Out of Wayne County
- Roberts Tate Celebrates 5 Year Anniversary
- Brad Proctor Joins Roberts Tate
- Court of Appeals Affirms Class Certification
- $2.4 Million Dollar Settlement in Estate Litigation
- Jay Roberts & Jason Tate Named Super Lawyers' Rising Stars
- $2 Million Dollar Settlement In Pedestrian Auto Accident
- Successful Results in Partnership Dispute
- Practice Areas
- Our Firm
- Contact Us